Exciting news! A Beautiful Mind 4 Me has been awarded the Liebster Award by Jen Snyder at Woman Winning Online. The Liebster Award is mostly to recognize new bloggers and welcome them into the blogosphere. The award also helps bloggers connect with other bloggers.
So, as part of winning this award I answer eleven questions that Jen Snyder asked to get to know me better. Here they are:
Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog because I really enjoy writing. It was pretty simple but I have fallen in love with blogging and this blog.
Is your blog a hobby, a business or a hobby that you hope to turn into business?
This blog is purely a hobby. I do hope one day to become a published author but I think even then I will continue to blog as a hobby. Blogging can actually be very therapeutic!
Did you always want to write or is this a new talent you have discovered?
That’s a funny question because in jr. high all I wanted to do was write. I wanted to become an author and was always writing stories. Then as I got older I forgot about my passion as life took over, as it always does. It hasn’t been until recently that I have rediscovered writing.
What motivates you to blog?
Readers, readers motivate me to blog. I always write as if I am talking to someone even when it’s a journal entry that no one will ever read. Being someone who is a huge introvert, blogging allows me to speak my mind and talk to people in ways I never have been able to master face to face. Blogging has allowed me to find a voice that I did not know I even had.
If you could wave a magic wand over your blog, what would you like to see when you opened your eyes?
What is your favorite vacation?
Disneyland!!! I am obsessed with Disneyland. I mean that is where I went on my honeymoon and my husband and I are always putting money away to go back at the next available moment.
Are you a glass half empty or glass half full person?
I don’t believe that with a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior who died for me that life is half empty. Are there times that life really sucks, heck yes, but there is a reason for everything and I am always blessed more than I ever realize.
What’s your number one organizational tip?
Haha… organization… me? You are asking the wrong woman!
Dogs, cats or neither?
I love cats! Both my husband and I can not wait for the day when we will live in a place that will allow cats because we will get one that day! I do like dogs depending on the dog. When my children are old enough to take care of a dog I want to get like a husky.
What do you want to learn more about when it comes to blogging or online business?
I guess just how to be a “real” blog. I feel like a child in a room full of adults when it comes to my blog and learning how to make it a more professional and successful would be awesome.
What is your favorite social media site and why?
Facebook, I am on it way more than I should be…
Okay now I get to say 11 things about about myself so that you can get to know me better.
- Okay, well first off I am a religious person and an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am very open about my religion because I love knowing that I am the daughter of God. It gives peace and happiness to my life.
- I am married to the most amazing man in the world! We have been married for two and half years and have loved every hard and amazing moment of it.
- I am currently writing a novel. I have loved spending my free time working on it.
- I am a student at Utah Valley University studying Behavioral Science.
- I love watching movies and favorite date is cuddling with my husband eating junk food and watching a movie he has never seen before.
- I am crazy about all things Harry Potter!
- I am obsessed with Disneyland and wear Disney clothes almost every day.
- I work at Utah Valley University doing a student job (which I would recommend to any student because I get paid and do homework at the same time!) as well as working for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America teaching students.
- Nine is my lucky number.
- I am crazy about chocolate. Up until I got married I did not like chocolate but since being married I have become obsessed with it and eat a little bit every day.
- I like cooking even though I am not good at it but luckily I married a man who is a human garbage disposal.
So, enough about little old me I am excited to announce that I have nominated several people to be the next recipient of the Liebster Award! Drum roll please!
Uma Srinivas at Simple Sumptuous Cooking
Renee Gladden Kemper at That’s Just Life
Michelle Dallas at The Wedding Blog
Jennifer Mulkey at Grandma Jennys Attic
Sarah Mann at Smiling with Sarah
Pranav Nandankar at Electronics Revealed
Christina Ray at My Crazy Jean World
Nicole Duarte at Nicole Vaidosa
Alyssa Ashby at Living Lean and In the Green
Congrats guys I am so excited for all of you. Now here are 11 questions for you to answer so I can get to know you better. Please comment on this post with a link to the answers to your questions! Can’t wait to read them!
- Why did you start your blog?
- Is there a story behind your blog name?
- What motivates you to blog?
- What is your favorite movie?
- When you were young, what did you want to grow up to be?
- What is your favorite place to eat out?
- Did you always want to write or is this a new talent you have discovered?
- What is your biggest success up until now?
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
- What is your favorite book?
- Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
So that is the Liebster Award! Thanks again Jen Snyder at Woman Winning Online it has been an honor!